Author Topic: Using annularis on a cloud server?  (Read 396 times)

Repl

• View Profile
Using annularis on a cloud server?
« on: March 05, 2018, 11:28:42 AM »
Hey, i've seen a couple of tutorials now on virtual box and so on, but is it posseble to get it up and running on a cloud server? (like digitalocean) i've been trying now for about a week (about 10 hours of trying/researching) and only come to the install area where i get this: "Unable to make connection to the monero daemon. Is it running? Are your settings correct?" tried to multible things, like changing the ip and port but same error every time.

so is it posseble or do i have to run it on a virtual box only?

thanks in advance, didnt know where to post this :s!

-Repl

danfossi

• View Profile
Re: Using annularis on a cloud server?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 01:25:29 PM »
Hi Repl,
Monero implementation is on the way..
Replace your Monero daemon with Bitcoin daemon. (Check the installation script "debian.sh").
About virtualbox, it is possible to install also on physical servers, I used virtualbox just for convenience.

Cheers,
Dennis

Repl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 09:32:00 AM »
how do i replace the monero deamon tho? it does install bitcoin deamon on the server, but says in the installation "site" that the monero deamon isnt working, when its clearly installing bitcoin deamon?

https://gyazo.com/202202c40fb38f56b3986d2b87454eb9  -monero deamon error code

https://gyazo.com/7632bad440e05758ae793f9885fe7aa9  -installing bitcoin in the script

sorry, been working and changing the script overall but couldn't find out why i get this  ???

-repl

Ziemann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 04:51:39 PM »
Hi Repl,
Monero implementation is on the way..
Replace your Monero daemon with Bitcoin daemon. (Check the installation script "debian.sh").
About virtualbox, it is possible to install also on physical servers, I used virtualbox just for convenience.

Cheers,
Dennis

Are there any performance drops or something like that on a virtualbox, Dennis? I'm also considering this option.