Author Topic: Why do I have so many fraud alerts on my debit/credit cards?  (Read 128 times)

ClintBarton

• View Profile
Hello,

My BoA debit card has been replaced 3 times in the last 3 years due to fraudulent use, which is a huge pain in the butt. I don't use it at any shady sites that I know of. Today, I used my Visa CC to buy some stuff on Amazon. One item was fulfilled by Amazon, and the other wasn't. About an hour later, I got a fraud alert email that a charge of $4 was put on the card from the Philippines and then reversed. I assume that was just a test charge. I called Chase and they're cancelling my card and sending a new one, but it's getting really annoying. My wife does all of the local shopping and I tend to be the one to use cards online, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, if anything. I use LastPass on every device we own, and have a very secure password, but it keeps happening. The computer I used today was a fresh install of Windows 10, and it was the first time I'd used that card online. I'm at a loss here. Is that just normal these days?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1385665
Whiteboard video production studio

Thank you.